Have you finally worn thin of your hectic 9 to 5 schedule, which involved waking up at an ungodly hour and sluggishly driving yourself to and fro from work?
Consequently, are you now searching for the most profitable niches in affiliate marketing to earn from in 2021? If your answer is ‘yes,’ then you’ve come to the perfect spot, as we’ve curated a fact-checked guide to making your decision easier.
Ultimately, if you plan on monetizing your content with affiliate marketing, you’d need to continuously churn and research content for it in the long run, so it makes perfect sense to take your time in deciding the perfect niche for your affiliate marketing business.
Without further ado, here are our top nine profitable niches along with their sub-niches for your affiliate marketing business.
It’s no doubt technology has been one of the best inventions of and for humankind. As a widespread phenomenon, it has found its way into various walks of life: finance, art, health, agriculture, and more. This volatility has made technology a centerpiece in our everyday routine. And if you consider yourself a tech geek, not only will you find yourself enjoying the process of the potential affiliate marketing niche, but also easily attract and build an audience with your knowledge of the tech genre.
Every minute accounts for new technological innovation. This in turn causes a surge in the global population constantly wanting to upgrade their gadgets. In essence, according to a global business data platform Statista, a whopping 1589 million smartphones are estimated to be sold in 2021 alone:
Tech junkies always keep an eye out for an all-inclusive source for delivering them with the latest tech-related news. And if you can cater to your audience’s technical and budget requirements while finding them the latest gadget available in the market, you’d become their go-to guy for anything tech-related.
David Risley, a passionate affiliate marketer is well-known in the affiliate marketing world for the unique and completely different approaches he takes when selling any gadgets or advertisements. In essence, one of his blogs, “Affiliate Sales,” made it into the list of top-earning blogs with a whopping monthly earning of $16000.
As a tech affiliate marketer you’ll encounter abundant availability of content, which would prove itself to be a noteworthy category advantage. Additionally, due to the constant upgrading and launching of tech products, there will never be a drought of the latest topics for you to cover. Moreover, this niche carries with itself a remarkable sales value. Consequently, you can earn millions from marketing tech gadgets if you aim at being among the first ones to cover the latest ongoing trends.
However, despite the technology being a broad category, you’re advised to aim at a sub-niche for a more hassle-free and profitable marketing experience.
Popular sub-niches in tech:
- Blockchain: This will be all about cryptocurrencies, trading, and mining.
- Mobile Tech: You can provide your audience with content about the latest Android and IOS updates, Mobile Gaming, or AdMob for apps.
- PC Tech: Write a blog focused around the wonders of PC technology. You can discuss software and hardware reviews, along with helping your audience with PC specifications for their new gadgets.
Falling in love, be it agape or romantic, is inevitable to human nature. And this feeling, one way or another, heaps up into relationships. However, due to today’s internet-driven world, some people find it difficult to build a dynamic relationship.
The inexperienced and “love-less” people are willing to spend their money and time on a resort that would guarantee them improved loving and flirting skills. And that’s where you’ll make an entrance with your motivational relationship-related content circling your affiliate marketing business. This could include first date tips and spots, poems, dinner clothing ideas, how to impress a boy/girl, and more.
This niche is lucrative to the point that Valuates Reports reported the online dating market size to reach a whopping $3.592 Billion by just 2025. Moreover, 15% of US adults are recorded to have confessed that they use dating websites or apps in their voyage of romance.
Popular sub-niches in relationships:
- Relationship Blog: This could be aimed at individuals looking to build long-term relationships.
- Blind Dates: Your content can include the benefits of and helping set up blind dates, along with safe dating tips.
- Common Age: Create content targeted towards a particular age group. For instance, the elderly, teens, divorcees, or college students.
- Religion: Love and relationship content aimed towards a specific religion.
The saying, “Health is wealth,” is true indeed as we human beings are known to value our health utmostly. And with the currently prevailing unpredictable period of Covid-19, people are conscious about their health more than ever. However, due to the internet’s advent, the bridge of communication between the health industry and its audience has been immensely diversified.
The global healthcare market is currently estimated to be worth a massive $10tn and is growing faster than the GDP in many countries. The urge to stay healthy means people are constantly looking for diet strategies, anti-aging methods, and more. Consequently, this niche is not only evergreen and profitable but also accumulative of humongous traffic.
Another plus point of choosing this particular niche for affiliate marketing is that you wouldn’t be required to be a guru or a certified health practitioner. If you are zealous enough about researching health and fitness-related answers then you can make a fortune in this niche without even owning any certified credentials.
As experienced nutritionists and chefs, Tara Leong and Jeff Leong chose ‘health’ as their business and affiliate marketing niche. Consequently, with their well-strategized content like email challenges and stories, healthy recipes, newsletter introductions, and medicinal product reviews, their blogging journey has been nothing short of being a success story.
Popular sub-niches in health:
- Weight Loss: Compose blogs circling dieting and nutrition. Here you can share different diets and recipes, along with weight loss stories to encourage and motivate your audience.
- Stress Management: Your aimed audience would be businessmen and career-driven individuals voyaging to receive tips on how to declutter their lives and combat stress.
- Skincare: Skincare isn’t limited to mere remedies for acne, warts, and skin rashes. A blog circling this niche will generate custom skin advice and products for it’s audience based on their skin types.
- Reproductive Health: This micro-niche is aimed towards mothers and mothers to be. As a reproductive health niche affiliate marketer you’d be sharing fact-checked info relating to baby health, conception, child development, and other maternity related issues.
4. Investment and Personal Finance
Who doesn’t want to get their finances right and grow their net worth? Keeping this common need in mind, you can opt for this ever-evolving niche by providing your audience with content on various methods of making money.
If you have a thing for personal growth, finance, forex market, the stock market, and other investment schemes, this affiliate marketing niche is where you’ll excel at. You’ll be able to build a prosperous affiliate marketing business that would target helping people effectively save, plan, and invest their money in various profitable channels.
There are countless success stories ‘indebted’ to this particular niche, one of which includes DC Fawcett’s. This prosperous affiliate marketer has skyrocketed his net worth by helping people master and grow their real estate marketing businesses through his “proprietary virtual real estate investing systems.”
A plus point that comes with opting for this niche involves you not needing to be an experienced stockbroker or hold a CPA certification to excel in successful marketing. You can perform some thorough research, review financial services, products, and instruments, and back up your facts with official sources, and you’ll be good to go.
Popular sub-niches in investment and personal finance:
- Foreign Exchange Market: Aim at creating content which compares vital currency exotics and pairs, along with reviews of best software programs and brokers.
- Stock Market: Provideyour audience with updates of analyzed stock market trends and instruments.
- Loan and Credit Card Management: Credit card debt and rewards have been long-known as highly controversial topics. If you provide your audience with genuine information on loan management or the presence of scams, you will be able to attract immense traffic in no time.
5. Fashion and Beauty
Let’s be honest, everyone loves to look good. And since fashion illustrates what we wear and how we style it, it indirectly links to people’s need to look their best. The fashion niche is undoubtedly an immensely high-income niche in terms of being a potential affiliate marketing business. Dynamic companies like Versace and Louis Vuitton have already set a standard in the fashion industry by catering quality shoes, boots, shades, ties, gowns, in turn satisfying people’s aforementioned interests.
Beauty products go side by side with fashion. People are known to lay out money on their skin to keep it blooming and supple. And who could blame them? Who wouldn’t want their skin to look radiating and wrinkle-free?
If you’re fond of your Fentys, Balenciagas, and Yeezys, then fashion and beauty is the absolute perfect niche for you to target. Start a fashion blog and create content on the latest fashion trends, releases, fashion weeks, and more to attract enormous audience traffic.
Popular sub-niches in fashion and beauty:
- Cosmetics: Create content surrounding various kinds of beauty products and the types of the skins they’re best suited for.
- Latest Fashion Trends: With every turning season, the fashion in store is known to update constantly. That’s your queue to start reviewing and blogging the latest fashion products in town.
Quitting your monotonous nine-to-five job, zipping up a suitcase, and catching a plane to a city you’ve always wanted to visit. Sounds like a perfect get-away dream from all the recessions, complicated affairs, and entanglements of life, doesn’t it? Well, this can be achieved through only one means: travel.
If you have a thing for traveling and all the new experiences it brings with itself, then the travel niche is tailor-made for you. Many people equate traveling to being a serene experience, and due to it being your field of expertise, you’ll be able to play the role of their go-to person for travel process and destination tips.
Travel blogging is best done by people who travel around the world themselves and write about their experiences via a literal first-person’s perspective. However, if you can’t afford to travel yet, your spotless research and storytelling skills will have to come into play to expertly describe even the obscurest of destinations.
Several travel airlines, tour operators, and agents are known to partner with affiliate businesses, in turn paying a handsome percentage for every person that deals business with them through the program’s link. Additionally, some myriad independent sponsors’d love to negotiate a referral campaign or an advert slot with you. In essence, the travel agency industry in the United States alone is recorded to have generated 17.3 billion U.S dollars in 2020.
Daniel James, with his amazing writing and photography skills, useful traveling tips, and earnest passion for traveling is a perfect example when it comes to successful content creating in the travel affiliate marketing niche.
Popular sub-niches in travelling:
- Backpackers Mentor: Backpackers is the category of travellers who are known to have a shoestring budget. Their trip revolves around climbing, hiking, and generally max octane activities. Create content to guide backpackers to plan their trip efficiently and economically.
- Airline Reviews: Instead of arduously planning their trips themselves, most of the people would prefer the task to be done by an agent or a company. That’s where you’ll come into play with your research skills, providing the audience with comprehensive reviews on various airlines and travel agencies.
7. Movies and Music Streaming
Movies and music are two of the most demanded media products throughout the globe. It doesn’t matter which fanbase you’re a part of, you can easily construct reviews on various movies and songs as your affiliate marketing business.
You aren’t the only music and movie lover on this planet, as there’s a constant hype and prevalent undying rave over the next upcoming movie or album. If you’re adamant about your passion for movies and music then this niche is the perfect one in the market as your affiliate marketing business. Create content circling the reviews of various songs and movies, and aim to be among the first ones to cover the latest releases. Additionally, avoid writing generalized information, instead target writing what “you” think about a particular album or a series. Sharing your authentic and unfabricated opinion might just earn you a loyal audience.
Popular sub-niches in movies and music:
- Movie Reviews: Create content revolving around movie reviews based on multiple rating criterias like, cast, plotline, acting expertise, and more.
- Music Blogging: Upload free songs and albums of diverse artists, while ensuring the media is royalty free, as doing so otherwise would result in copyright issues.
As the saying goes, “Be a better version of you, for you,” self-improvement covers several vital areas of life. It circles your pursuit to become a better version of yourself in all walks of your life, be it as a parent, child, person, or a lover. If you find yourself to excel in a particular field like scriptwriting, hardware engineering, or financing, you can opt to become a guru to many others.
As an affiliate marketer in the self-improvement niche, your target is to accumulate and provide quality content geared towards an audience aiming to enlighten themselves with their desired area of expertise further.
Gary Vaynerchuk, more commonly known as Gary Vee, can easily make it into the top of the list of current influential personal development coaches around the globe. As a successful businessman, as is evident by his massive net worth of $200 million, he effectively coaches his audience on personal development, specifically in the field of business marketing.
Popular sub-niches in self-improvement:
- Presentation Skills: You can create content containing presentation making tips and secrets that would accommodate your readers in building effective presentations and influence right from the start.
- Public Speaking and Leadership: Public speaking and leadership are vital soft skills to acquire for any career, yet a large portion of people still struggle with them. Create guides on how to project an ideal verbal and non-verbal language for maximum impact in your speeches.
Esports short for “Electronic sports” revolves around remolding online gaming into a spectator sport. The overall experience is no different than spectating a professional sporting event like football or baseball while sitting in a stadium, as esports features gamers competing against each other in a virtual environment. This niche caters to official sports-related games like FIFA, along with virtually programmed ones like Dota, and Counter-Strike.
Even though esports at one point was classified as a subset of the sports industry, it has now grown into a full-blown industry and a separate niche in itself. In essence, as estimated by Business Insider Intelligence, the esports market is on track to surpass US $1.5B by 2023.
Popular sub-niches in e-sports:
- Team fan page: Create content circling and following a specific esports team. You could record information regarding the events the team participates, wins, or loses in.
- E-sport apparel: Create a blog based around branded E-sports apparel. The collection can include jerseys, hats, jackets, all the other types of apparel common within the fans of Esports.
- E-sport gear: Here you’ll be covering the equipment and gear used by professional gamers in their esports tournaments. You’d be reviewing these products and promoting them to the fans of Esports.
Congratulations! You’ve made it to the end of the list. If you were searching for the best niches categories and content-topic ideas for starting an affiliate marketing blog, we hope this guide gave you a headstart into this new world of business.